- Reading and writing skills
- High attention to detail
- Basic math skills
- Must be able to follow directions, work independently and maintain a high level of productivity.
- Must function as a team player.
Physical Job Requirements
- Frequent lifting of 5lbs up to 25lbs
- Occasional lifting in excess of 25lbs up to 75lbs
- Ability to resist 25lb pressure hose for extended duration routinely throughout work week
- Requires a lot of physical movements such as bending, stretching, walking, squatting, pulling, pushing, lifting and working on your feet.
- Live interaction with large and small animals
Perform animal breeding procedures.
Apply proper selection and breeding practices to increase production efficiency and improve animal quality.
Monitor and examine animals to detect illness, injury, or other problems.
Maintain animal records.
Practice disease prevention by following biosecurity procedures including:
- Sanitation of rooms and hallways
Provide food based on nutritional requirements of animals depending on growth stage.
Provide proper care for animals by following company procedures.
Assist with the birthing process.
Work with newborn piglets according to their age.
Other duties as assigned
- Follow all biosecurity protocols in place to maintaining operations disease-free
- Follow all safety protocols while performing every task
- Comply with animal welfare policies
- Regular and consistent attendance